We are pleased to introduce a new line of contemporary shoe fences to our ever expanding catalog. These new shoe fences are attractive, durable and are custom cut to accommodate any size shelving section. Not only are they the perfect upgrade for any closet, but they also work nicely in pantries and other Closet & Storage Concepts custom organizing systems.
Archive for the ‘Custom Closets’ Category
We are pleased to introduce a new line of contemporary accessories to our catalog. These new hooks are attractive, durable and suitable for hanging a variety of items such as garments, hats, belts, ties and handled items such as mops and brooms. These versatile new accessories can be mounted to either a wall or a Closet & Storage Concepts system and are available in matte nickel, oil rubbed bronze, polished chrome and polished brass finishes.
This year make a resolution to Get Organized and keep it with the help of Closet & Storage Concepts. Our durable, adjustable and fully custom systems are the perfect organizing solution for any area of the house be it a closet, pantry, home office, entertainment center or garage. Unfortunately, a functional storage system is only half the battle. These quick tips will help you to organize a few key areas of the home.
- Try to purge your closet of unused clothing once a year. Have trouble keeping track of what you do and do not wear? When hanging your clothes after washing them put the hanger on the pole backwards. After a season you will be able to quickly see what you did and did not wear.
- If the clothing is in good shape donate it to Goodwill or schedule a pickup with the VVA “Vietnam Veterans of America”.
- Now is a great time to go through your pantry to get rid of expired goods and take inventory of what dried and canned goods you have for the winter. When re-stocking be sure to keep items close to their expiration date towards the front of the pantry.
- Bulky items should be stored on the ground or on lower shelves for safety and to keep them out of your way.
- Small, gourmet, impulse buy foods tend to be among the first things forgotten and expire as a result. Keep these at eye level so you don’t forget about them.
Ready to get started? Contact us today for your free in-home consultation with one of our design professionals.
For those who need to get the most out of their walk in closet a built in ironing board could be just what you are looking for. Our pullout ironing boards come in two attractive styles allowing them to be mounted either behind a drawer front or on the side of a Closet & Storage Concepts storage system. Both models are ideal for quick touch ups as they eliminate the hassle of setting up and breaking down your ironing board on a daily basis. Contact us today to schedule a free in home estimate.
Every spring for the past 20+ years my mom and I have participated an annual fundraising event hosted by the local community hospital called “The Designer House”. Each year a different home in the community is selected to receive a complete floor-to-ceiling makeover by a number of local interior designers. Commissioned for the home’s historic or aesthetic significance (and is often on the market to sell), the event coordinators unleash dozens of local interior designers on the home, who are given free rein to appoint their assigned space with a design statement of their choice. In exchange for their pro bono creation, the designer and their work is showcased to the thousands of visitors who tour the home each year.
Inevitably we leave the tour with one or two “must have” ideas for our own homes. As you can well imagine however, setting free the minds of creative people, such is an interior designers, can often result in… eclectic results.
And oh boy, have the designers beget some doosies through the years.
We’ve endured a turtle-themed master bedroom, a kitchen adorned with statues but devoid of a sink, and a family room carpet made of sod.
Our all-time favorite creation continues to be the inexplicable prehistoric theme bathroom; resplendent with moss dripping from the shower rod (personally, I work hard to avoid this in my house) and even more inexplicable — 10”spikes adorning the toilet seat lid which rendered the lid incapable of opening all the way.
Apparently, things were tougher during prehistoric times than I even imaged.
This year we were treated to closet organizers the likes of we had never seen before, which left my mom and I with a serious case of “gotta-have-that!” syndrome. An approximately 12’ x 12’ section of basement was converted into an elegant Tuscany-themed walk-in wine closet. Although a relatively small piece of real estate compared to the rest of the house, this refuge was the highlight of the tour. The compact custom wine rack must have easily stored 200 bottles of the grape. A small wine refrigerator fit perfectly under a granite counter top. Custom cabinetry was lit from within, showing off the gleaming stemware and small earth tone dishes. Matching drawers slid out easily and were roomy enough to hold all the essentials of proper wine enjoyment; cheese serving accessories, corkscrews, bottle stoppers and aerators. There was even room-to-spare for a small bistro table and chairs, which of course my mom and I took advantage of, sitting a few minutes just to take the beauty of this custom closet design before the next group of visitors anxious to see the space for themselves moved us along.
In all my years of visiting the Designer House, no other creation has impressed me more than this custom closet design and made me more desirous of having one of my very own.
Until then, at least I have the moss.
Contact the Closet Organizers at Closet & Storage Concepts, to help your create your dream custom closet or Call 1-888-THE-CLOSET.
Closet & Storage Concepts is delighted to be named among the recipients of the 2012 Military Friendly Franchises® list, which represents the top 10 percent of the nation’s franchises that are doing the most to recruit military veterans.
The full list of Military Friendly Franchises® will be published in the June issue of G.I. Jobs, the July/August issue of Vetrepreneur Magazine, and on www.militaryfranchising.com, a web tool that helps veterans decide which franchise to choose.
Closet & Storage Concepts honors military veterans all year round by offering service members a 10% discount on franchise fees, special military veteran financing of 50% of the initial fee for a period of 12 months at zero interest, and a team dedicated to supporting the veteran franchisee program, thus allowing veterans to use their training and operational skills in a new civilian career.
The Military Friendly Franchises® list was created three years ago out of demand from military veterans, many of whom want to start or own their own business but are unclear where to begin,” said Sean Collins, director for G.I. Jobs. “Being selected as a Military Friendly Franchise places Closet & Storage Concepts in this elite group, and is testimony to Closet & Storage Concept’s world class programs and policies that support military veterans interested franchise opportunities”
Using a Professional Closet Designer to Create Custom Storage Solutions vs. Using a Handyman or Honey-doBy csc-admin - April 17th, 2012
You are a spring-cleaning warrior.
Congratulations! You have fulfilled the first step in organizing your life by first ridding yourself of what has become useless to you. The second step is to create a closet organization system that uses this space efficiently, and for the specific use you intend.
BUT, before you call a handyman (or worse still, include closet design on your “honey-do list”), consider the benefits and cost-efficiency of having a closet storage professional design your closet space. The professionals at Closet and Storage Concepts are expert in creating practical, yet chic, closet space that is custom designed for your maximum closet space usage.
Benefits of using a closet designer with Closet and Storage Concepts over a handyman or honey-do:
- A professional closet designer knows the questions to ask about your unique storage needs and has intimate knowledge of the most innovative closet solutions available. This IS NOT the “one-size-fits-all approach your handyman, or honey-do (gasp!) utilizes.
- Using custom measurements, your professional closet designer will create a closet organization system that actually GIVES you new space, by adding adjustable shelving, double hung devises and drawers. What has your handyman GIVEN you lately?
- You can choose from a wide-variety of melamine and laminate finishes, manufactured using ¾” “furniture grade” melamine laminate in our local facilities. Your honey-do gives you one option: whatever is on sale at the home-mart store.
- Closet and Storage Concepts can make the most of your space by using: adjustable closet shelving, long, medium and double hang areas to maximize space, belt, tie and shoe racks, drawers, wall safes, valet rods, jewelry drawers, hosiery drawers, etc.
Your handyman or honey-do: they don’t have the expertise to include any of these closet storage innovations.
So, given the choice, who will you choose to design and create your custom closet design? The professionals at Closet and Storage Concepts, of course! Call us at 1-888-THE-CLOSET (1-888-843-2567).
With shifts in how American’s are making a living as we enter a post-recession economy, more emphasis is placed on entrepreneurship and working out of the home. While this may be a boon for the economy, many homeowners fear they lack the space for a home office. Fear no more, as Closet and Storage Concepts has a solution—a custom office built into an existing closet.
Because our office storage products are built in our own factories, even the most difficult of spaces can be easily designed. From desks to filing cabinets, shelving units to bookcases, a productive home office environment can be yours, with guidance from one of our closet designers. Our closet designers understand that the key to your business success is proper office space organization and a home office work environment that meets your personal style and needs.
Our closet designers can help you transform your existing closet design into an organized home office solution. Our closet systems are designed to fit the way you live.
Contact us for a No Obligation in Home Storage Solution Consultation or call us at 1-888-THE-CLOSET (1-888-843-2567)
As any elementary school teacher will attest, teaching children how to get, and stay, organized is as important today as learning one’s A, B, C’s. The small “cubbie” of the yesteryear has transformed into a highly functional space which provides sanctuary for the child to enjoy quiet down time to read, study and relax.
Add a splash of color to personalize and anchor the area, and this modern closet becomes less of a “catch-all” and more a focal and versatile living space for your child to enjoy. Utilizing the latest in closet shelving systems by Closet and Storage Concepts, toys, clothes, audio, video and sporting equipment, etc., can now be neatly stored, and still provide space your child can “live in”.
Our custom features include:
- Adjustable closet shelving to accommodate a small child’s reach.
- Long, medium and double hang areas to maximize closet space.
- Desk and bookcases to create a study environment that a child looks forward to using.
Our closet designer can create a completely custom designed closet system tailored for your child’s needs – custom built and custom installed by company trained and employed installers.
Contact us for a No Obligation in Home Custom Closet Design Consultation or call us at 1-888-THE-CLOSET (1-888-843-2567)
Spring is traditionally the season the real estate market heats-up after months of hibernation. Many home owners looking to sell, and potential home owners looking to buy, analyze the current features and versatility a home has to offer. Whether you are looking to buy, sell or simply live better in the space you are presently in, this season’s hot real estate trend is custom closet design.
“Couture Closets”, as seen on reality shows and other media featuring celebrity homes, is all the rage. With the assistance of Closet and Storage Concepts, any home owner can incorporate this “”Hollywood” touch into their home, without requiring a movie star’s salary.
Hot tends in custom closet design include:
- Closet space that one “lives in”. Creating a vanity space inside a closet will free-up bedroom space and add a touch of old-Hollywood luxury to any home. Including mirrors and lighting in the closet vanity space is both aesthetic and practical.
- Hanging a chandelier in a walk-in closet adds a deceivingly high-end look, even on a tight budget.
- “Themed” closets are fun, practical and can make your home memorable. Model your custom closet space after a department store and display your belongings openly on neatly arranged built-in shelves. Let your inner-hippie free with an “Age of Aquarius” color-blocked custom closet concept. Add lace and crystal features for a more demure Victorian feel.
Inspired? Need more custom closet ideas? Let our closet designer create a completely custom designed closet system to meet your storage and organizational needs. Closet and Storage Concepts will custom build and custom install your project using company trained and employed installers devoted to bringing your custom closet vision to life.
Contact us for a No Obligation in Home Custom Closet Design Consultation or call us at T (1-888-843-2567)